The Fiduciary Standard
The fiduciary standard is the highest standard of care in equity or law. The term fiduciary (from Latin fiduciarius, meaning “holding in trust”) means a legal or ethical relationship of trust between two or more parties.
Fiduciary Oath: All LeoGroup advisors are required to adhere to a fiduciary ethic espousing the five core principles of the Fiduciary Standard:
- We must always act in the best interest of the client.
- We will act with prudence, skill, care, diligence, and good judgment.
- We will provide conspicuous, full and fair disclosure of all important facts.
- Avoid “conflicts” of interest; embrace “alignment” of interests.
- We will fully disclose and fairly manage unavoidable conflicts in the client’s best interest.