LeoGroup’s international expatriate services were developed to provide a custom tailored program to help individuals and companies manage the issues associated with living, working, and traveling among foreign countries.
Multi-national companies have long valued the assignment of key executives to foreign countries to ensure execution of the company’s international growth initiatives. However, a benefit lacking among global executives has been an advisory service that recognizes the organizational and planning challenges that an individual executive faces before, during and after an international assignment. LeoGroup’s corporate-sponsored international expatriate service was designed to meet the needs of executives of a mobile workforce. We partner with multi-national companies to provide assistance to corporate executives worldwide.
Providing tax planning & assistance to individuals that have tax filing responsibilities within and between countries requires a coordinated approach. LeoGroup’s tax professionals prepare hundreds of U.S. tax returns each year and we work closely with other tax service providers to meet tax filing obligations outside the U.S. Our tax planning services include:
- Comprehensive tax planning between an individual’s home & host countries.
- Foreign tax credit maximization strategies.
- Tax equalization & hypothetical tax review and guidance.
- Pre- and post-departure tax counseling.
- Helping companies avoid double or excess taxation on behalf of executives.
LeoGroup’s international expatriate program includes “financial concierge services”, which is defined as any financial service that an individual or corporate executive does not have the time, desire, or expertise to address effectively. These financial concierge services include:
- Coordination among other professionals or government institutions.
- Security analysis, including kidnap & ransom planning, in high-risk countries.
- Guidance on educational institutions available to family members.
- Discussion of personal matters such as health-related issues, divorce, etc.
- Providing counsel on nearly any financial related matter.
An executive employed by a multi-national company will generally be provided “Global Mobility” services. LeoGroup works closely with a company’s Global Mobility team to help the executive manage the international assignment issues that invariably arise. The services closely coordinated with Global Mobility teams include:
- Understanding the details of the relocation policy of the executive’s employer.
- Helping ensure an executive remains fully engaged throughout an assignment.
LeoGroup’s international expatriate services have been designed to understand employee benefits and entitlements from a global perspective. These services include:
- Thorough understanding of executive benefits from one country to another.
- Country-specific pension/social security analysis.
- Short and long-term planning of executive benefits to maximize value.
- Insurance planning (life, health, disability, property & casualty, etc.).
- Stock option & restricted stock planning while on assignment.
- Coordination of executive benefits with an individual’s personal finances.
Unique considerations arise in terms of investment planning for an individual with exposure among various countries. LeoGroup provides the following personalized investment planning:
- Modified asset allocation, taking into account international considerations.
- Tax advantaged investing in one country may be tax prohibitive in another.
- LeoGroup’s investment services are available globally (See Approved Countries List here).
Estate planning is an important and complicated matter when you live, work, or own property in multiple countries. Our international estate planning services include:
- Assistance with estate planning considerations in home and host countries.
- Coordination with in-country professionals and/or translation services.
- Embassy coordination for required sovereign authentication such as notaries.